TRAVEL & HOTEL
If you're even considering making the trip New York to
celebrate our special day with us, we'd like to thank you. Because nothing
makes a wedding more joyous & special than sharing it with friends and family,
we've put together some tips, ideas and recommendations to help you get the most
out of your trip. We do understand that, unfortunately, some of you, dear
to us, may not be able to make it in person. We'll celebrate in spirit and
cherish your love and support always.
AIRPORT INFO: There are four airports you can fly into:
Airlines and Midwest Airlines
offer direct flights into LaGuardia Airport. American usually offers more
flights and Midwest has more comfortable seating and gives you a warm cookie.
We did arrange with American a 5% discount for our guests
- click for more info.
FLIGHT INFO: Leaving MCI, Friday 3/31
- Midwest Leaves KC 7:10 am arrives NY 10:50
am * * Recommended, see why
- Midwest Leaves KC 6:40 pm arrives NY 10:15
- American Leaves KC 6:30 am arrives NY 10:10
am * *Recommended, see why
- American Leaves KC 2:15 pm arrives NY 6:00
- American Leaves KC 9:18 am arrives NY 3:00
pm (stops in Chicago)
HOTEL INFO: Marriott - Melville, Long Island 11747
(631) 423 - 1600
- This is the hotel where Amy works. She's arranged for a block of rooms
at a discounted rate of $99.00 a night. ROOMS ARE LIMITED so contact the hotel
or one of us as soon as possible (Amys
- Many other hotels available nearby - let us know what you're looking
for and we'll help you find one.
WEEKEND INFO & SCHEDULE: Obviously each of you have
different schedules and responsibilities, but to help you get the most out of
the trip, here's what we were thinking. This information is a work in
progress for now. As you start booking your trips, we'll confirm these
- Hopefully most of our guests arrive together this way we
can arrange transportation from LaGuardia to the Hotel
- Hopefully the majority of you can arrive early enough (before 5:00pm??)
on Friday to join us that evening. So that you get to at least see some of NY
- we are going to arrange a bus to take everyone to Manhattan for the
night. We'll tour the city - walk around in Times Square (this is where Amy
does her purse shopping). We will arrange dinner somewhere. Right now we are
thinking Chinatown and then dessert in Little Italy. If there's
somewhere/something you'd like to see or do, email us (Amys
ahead of time. Then back the hotel so you can rest up for the big event!
- For the wedding we've arranged a bus to take everyone from the hotel to
the wedding and safely back to the hotel afterwards. Pick up will probably be
around 5:45 pm, the wedding ceremony begins at 7:00pm on-board the boat and
the boat departs as soon as it's official!! The boat docks at midnight and we
should be back at the hotel by 1:00 am
Please! Please, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or if
you have need us to help you make other/special arrangements. (Amys
Again, thank you for even considering to share our wedding day with us!
Hope to see you here!